hostgator coupon hostgator coupons FOOTBALL: Cincy Jungle: Favorite Football Movie Tournament Round One Continued

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cincy Jungle: Favorite Football Movie Tournament Round One Continued

Only three more days in the first round of our football movie tournament. That means there's only three more match ups before we move onto the second round. Those three match ups are: Invincible VS The Longest Yard (2005), Radio VS Any Given Sunday and North Dallas Forty VS Gridiron Gang.

Tonight's match up is between Invincible and The Longest Yard (the Adam Sandler edition).

A little about the match up:



Invincible is the true story of Vince Papale and the Philadelphia Eagles. In 1976 the Eagles, Papale and the city of Philadelphia were all down on their luck. Papale was a part-time teacher and bar tender who gets left by his wife. The only thing that gives him happiness is playing football with his friends. When new head coach Dick Vermeil announces that the Eagles will be holding open tryouts, Papale's friends convince him that he should try out. After surviving the long off season try-out process, Papale finds himself on the team and accepted by the players, but will he be able to help the team recover from a 4-10 record the previous year?

Memorable Quote:

Frank Papale: You know how I used to tell you about Van Buren scoring that touchdown back in '48?
[pauses]
Frank Papale: Yeah, I know.
[waving hands]
Frank Papale: I know. That touchdown got me through 30 years at that factory. Got me through all those times your mother being sick. When I told you not to get your hopes up... didn't mean that I wasn't.

The Longest Yard (2005) is a football comedy about Paul Crew (Adam Sandler, not Burt Reynolds), a former professional quarterback who was in trouble for fixing a game. After Crew found himself in prison for drunkenly creating a police car pile-up with his girlfriend's car, the warden asks Crew to lead a football team of inmates to play the guards' team. After some convincing, Crew agrees and builds a team. During the game, which was much closer than anybody expected, the Warden told Crew to lose and he'd be released from prison early. Will Crew learn from his earlier mistakes and stay loyal to his team or will he take the Warden's deal and lose the game?

Memorable Quotes (spoiler):

Huddle up! Look, I'm sure you already know this, but I've never said it out loud. I *did* throw that game. I did it. I was in a bad way with some worse people. After I did it, I felt so shi**y, I wish I would have just let them kill me instead. Now the warden wants to pin Caretaker's murder on me if I don't throw *this* game. So it looks like I'm going to get to know you guys a lot better because I aint doing that twice in a lifetime. We got a little time left. We can still do this. I'm begging you. Put your hands in here. Ok, thank you. Who are we?

Will Adam Sandler succeed where Burt Reynolds failed in being able to advance The Longest Yard into the second round or will Marky Mark take Vince Papale's true story one step closer to glory?

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.footballtrainingsecrets.info/?hop=smkdabb

http://football-tv-live-online.com/?hop=smkdabb

http://www.footballbettingcode.com/?hop=smkdabb

http://www.footballstrengthworkouts.com/?hop=smkdabb

Subscribe Now: iheart

I heart FeedBurner

Buy Packers vs. Steelers Superbowl XLV Gear