hostgator coupon hostgator coupons FOOTBALL: 2011 NFL Scouting Combine: Day 1 Non-Football Observations

Saturday, February 26, 2011

2011 NFL Scouting Combine: Day 1 Non-Football Observations

Darron Cummings - APMore photos »
That's Collin in the first row. Try to pick out which one. (AP Photo/Darron Cummings)
Collin did a great job today giving an overview of all the football-related news that happened today, but I wanted to give you some insight about some of the other stuff that happens:

For those of you that have been in the Bakers & Daniels Club inside Lucas Oil Stadium, everything was set up in there. On both ends were just rows and rows of tables for media members to sit, and in the middle of the room were three podiums for interviews, each with chairs in front of them.
Collin beat me down there today, and picked a fantastic place to sit. About ten minutes after I arrived, in walked Don Banks of Sports Illustrated, and sat down right next to me. Then, the person across from me (which I'll get to in a minute) starts talking to Chris Mortensen, then John Clayton, and I think nothing of it. Just a coincidence he knew those two guys.
About 10 minutes later, Banks starts talking about his interviews for NFL Network for their Top 10 series, and he asks the guy across from me when he's going. At this point, I realize the guy across from me is not just a "Comcast Media Member", which is all his name tag said. I start searching around, and find out it's Tom Curran of NBC Sports and Comcast Sports Net New England. Really nice guy, even though he writes about the Patriots.


Rex Ryan drew the biggest crowd, and was surprised at how relatively small the crowd was for Jason Garrett. Each coach talked about 15 minutes, then took questions for another 15 outside in the concourse, where they were sucked in my Sirius NFL Radio.
Speaking of Sirius NFL Radio, Adam Schein acts as enthusiastic as he sounds on the radio. He was making a point to Rich Gannon at one point, waving his arms all over the place. It was funny to watch, and something you don't get to see with radio personalities.
It was a wide range of clothing, from people in suits, to sport coats and jeans, to hooded sweatshirts.
They ran out of chips not once, but twice, along with all the caffeinated sodas. That's probably my own fault that I didn't go early enough.
The story of Danny Watkins from Baylor is really cool, and I'll leave for a full story.
I forgot to bring my camera with me, but will take pictures tomorrow of the surroundings

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.footballtrainingsecrets.info/?hop=smkdabb

http://football-tv-live-online.com/?hop=smkdabb

http://www.footballbettingcode.com/?hop=smkdabb

http://www.footballstrengthworkouts.com/?hop=smkdabb

Subscribe Now: iheart

I heart FeedBurner

Buy Packers vs. Steelers Superbowl XLV Gear